Friday, February 1, 2008

The week in a shiney, award winning nutshell...

Holy cow it has been quite a week! I have not had a minute to even blog here it has been so nutty... but all good.

Sunday: The local paper did a short blurb on us, about having been on Donny Deutsch. Got to go swimming with my hubby and son, and sit in a hot tub for 20 minutes. Aaaaahhh!!!

Monday: We found out that a parent magazine and a huge music site is going to review our CD, and that a children's radio station is also going play our music and also do a review!! Warehouse Productions (the studio where we record) was featured on the local Action 3 News. Boo refused to say hi to some girls, because "they are girls."

Tuesday: My beautiful friend Leslie Haywood, founder of Grill Charms (www.grillcharms.com) was on Minute to Millions on Donny Deutsch - the whole board toasted our wine glasses together as we watching from our cyberspace livingroom :) Tried to convince Boo that I Am a girl..."No, you're my Mom" and that he needs to say hi to girls, so they don't think he is mean. Later, got some snuggle time with my wonderful hubby!! :)

Wednesday: Gene and I did a fundraiser at a School - sang in the morning for their all-school church service, then raised money for the music Department!! YAY!!! Anything we can do to help out music departments we will do. It breaks my heart to think that so many kids are going to school without having the benefit of music. During the fundraiser, we were notified that Stardust has won a national iParenting Media Award!! "2008 Best Products - Audio" WOW!!!!!! Then, a mom informed us that Omaha Family Magazine's February issue is out, and the feature article on us is fantastic!! Yay!!! (I still haven't seen it yet, but yay!!!)

Thursday: Beautiful Julie Lenzer Kirk, author of "The ParentPreneur Edge: What Parenting Teaches About Building a Successful Business" www.JulieLenzerKirk.com asked to put the iParenting Media info into her "January Woo-hoos" :)
Lovely Lisa Otta from www.creativewritingstudios.com wrote up a Press Release for us,
and wonderful Diana (Dee) Ennen, author of "Virtual Assistant - The Series, Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA" www.virtualwordpublishing.com set up an i pod radio interview for us with a huge Moms site. Gene is off to help with Creighton Prep's freshman etreat - he has been doing this for 20 years, and this is one of the high lights of the year for him. Prep high School is an amazing school - so are the kids.

Friday: Volunteered out at a school party, making Lent cannisters with 30 first graders - it was "crazy hair day" so it was extra fun. Boo had a red white and green gelled, sprayed mowhawk!! Janene Jaroscak Trending Solutions, LLC www.trendingsolutions.com helped me organize my files and comes to my aid when I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Fell in complete love with my Mompreneur friends. Juggled some bills around, because the Writer's strike is killing us!! My lovely friend JoAnne from California called and we got to catch up, and be human together! Sister Margy called and gave me a boost in the arm as well. Found out the local paper is going to do a review/ story on us shortly!

Friday night: Got to watch Santa Claus 3 and snuggle with my boy :) Now it's tiome for beddy-by. It's been one nutty week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a ride it's been for you lately!! I just spent time again listening to the clips on your site...I get shivers when I hear your sing! I will be ordering soon :)

Holly (fussy baby)

Cher & Gene Klosner said...

Thanks Holly!!! You are wonderful, my friend!!!

Cher :)