Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Total Eclipse of the Moon

Last night was beautiful. It was freeezing here - been way too cold a winter - but that didn't stop us from enjoying "The Total Eclipse of the Moon" as my 7 year old son calls it... Had it been just a wee bit warmer, we would have sat outside and watched from the porch, with a fire pit and a hot chocolate - but no such luck last night. My nostrils stuck together with every inhale. Forget it. So, hubby son and I spread a nice cozy blanket across my son's floor, popped in "Stardust," listened to "How Pretty the Moon," pulled the shades wide open, lit a couple of long tapered candles and shared a pot of chocolate fondue. It was wonderful.
Today, he said he wrote about it in his journal at school. He said it was his favorite day and wished we could watch "The Total Eclipse of The Moon" every night.
I'm game.

No comments: