Friday, January 11, 2008

Starting my blog today - um,...again!!

Oh Lordy I am so behind on the bloggin' - one of my resolutions for this year, in addition to getting some well needed work/family balance in my life, is to get on top of this, and outsource other duties...

But mama likes this duty, so mama going to take on this duty!! :)

Okay, so my brother Gene and I just released a brand new 2-disc lullaby CD, Stardust, that came out a little over a month ago - it has been FLYING off the shelves at stores - many of the stores sold out once - and twice - in a couple of weeks time! Our online stores both sold out twice as well- one of them sold out twice in a week!! Can't ask for more than that. The reviews have been fantastic. Now that Christmas is over, I need to figure out how to get Stardust into the hands of parents who need help getting their kids to wind down - and helping the parents to wind down!! I met with an ad agency - they were nice as can be, but I just don't have $12,000 to do a commercial and bare minimum print ads, through the established, traditional route of advertising - and that's just a base cost for LOCAL advertising! So, I am embarking on a somewhat new journey, into the world of cyberspace marketing. Yikes!! I'm learning new stuff everyday, so I'll be sharing with you what I learn along the way.

I also kept a quasi-journal during the recording of "Stardust" which started in March, so I'll get bits and pieces from that up on here too - I videod a lot of the recording process, so I'll get some of those clips up here and on You Tube. We also launched all of our sheet music for Mass Settings (Light the Fire Music) last summer, which is a whole 'nother website and adventure...oh yea, and most important, and I have an incredible husband , Ben who is an animator for "The Simpsons" and a work-from-home-Dad. We have delightful son, Benjamin (nicknamed Boo.) Gene and I are going back into the studio in two weeks and Gene will be moving here from LA in a couple of months! Welcome to the real life of working musicians and artists !

Now I need to get to sleep...2008 is going to be a kick-butt year :)

Cher

No comments: