Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life Happens

The past few weeks has been a reminder of what happens when I'm forced to step outside my office long enough to breathe...life happens. Weddings happen. Storms happen. Death happens. Power outages happen. Hail with 90 mile an hour winds happen. Damage to homes happen. Friendships happen. Neighbors helping neighbors happen. Writers' strikes happen. Gas hikes happen. Life happens.

It's been a really difficult 7 months, in so many ways, and it has been a really wonderful 7 months in so many others. We've been feeling the economic crush. The writers strike has left my hubby out of work since November. And my entrepreneurial journey is a SLOW one - I am so happy we put out our latest CD, but had I known there would have been a writers' strike lurking the same month Stardust would be released, I might have held off on the project. Hindsight is always 20/20. But, life is a rollercoaster - sometimes I'd like to get off and ask for a refund, but for the most part, I enjoy the ride. Right now, though, if I have to endure one more upside down loop, I'm certain I'll toss my cookies.

No comments: