Monday, July 14, 2008

The Calm After the Storm?

Okay...storms are over. We can see clearly now...Insurance man came out to assess the damage. Yikes! Good thing we have decent insurance.

Sometimes, I have to remember that it is all in bigger hands and that things happen for reasons. The storm, which ripped out areas of the back of our house and pushed me over the edge two weeks ago, may actually have been an awakening for me. It not only shook up the house, it shook up the household. My sweet 7-year-old son is still checking the weather channel every morning, and wants to discuss clouds, and how many miles per hour the winds will be each day... but it also made hubby and I talk about our future here in Nebraska, and weather or not (yes, intended) we want to stay here.

Heading back to LA is becoming a real possibility. And I feel comfortable.

No comments: