Friday, June 20, 2008

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks...

I was posting on another thread about my day yesterday - it was pretty exciting. But I realized that 3/4 of the things that happened yesterday were a direct result of being on the Mompreneurs Online board - had I not I joined Mompreneurs, these events in my day yesterday probably would not have happened.

1) We had 5 web sales - all from different places. Due to all the PR we are doing - before Mompreneurs, my PR was limited to local papers, and places where we were performing.

2) We were contacted by a wholesaler in Canada. Before Mompreneurs, I didn't know what a wholesler was, and never dreamed we would be getting requests for orders in Canada!

3) We got a dropshipper acct set up in California. Before Mompreneurs, never heard of DropShipping. Still figuring it all out too, with everyone's help there. Thanks!!!

4) We got a great review from another product review blogger site. (Parents With Style http://parentswithstyle.blogspot.com/search/label/Stardust ) Before Mompreneurs, I had never heard of a Product Review blog.

5) We were contacted by a national magazine!! (More on that later,when it happens, but WOWEEE!!!!) Before Mompreneurs, I didn't have the slightest idea how to approach a national magazine, and I always thought it had to be a BIG company to get national press. I've learned so much and gotten the information necessary to feel very comfortable approaching any magazine.

6) I was able to hold an intelligent conversation about SEO, page rankings, and metatags. That sentence would not have been spoken from my lips 6 months ago. I owe all that to felow Mompreneurs, Holly, Jill, Amber, Amy and Lisa (and anyone else I am forgetting...) Thanks Gals!! You would have been proud of your humble student And, I have found an amazing community of great women there that I consider my teachers and my friends. Thanks, El and Pat for providing the Mompreneurs board, and thanks fellow mompreneurs for making this journey a great one!!

The other cool things that happened yesterday, - un-Mompreneur related - we booked a House Concert, and we also took a part time job putting together a choir for a nearby church.

I needed to do something for my spirit - I visited my friend, Reverend Wills, at his new home - a nursing home :( We were able to find a piano and sing some songs. Several residents wheeled themselves in to the little room and sang along or listened. I'm going to go again next week. THAT fills my soul. And at the end of the day those are the things that matter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites
for your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many
more free services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at
www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com