Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Singing National Anthem at US Olympic Swim Trials!

Gene and I have been asked to sing the National Anthem at the US Olympic Swim Trials July 5, 2008 in the eve. I am speechless. We are so honored to be able to a part of such a monumental event. We will do everything in our power to make it memorable and to inspire the Olympic hopefuls as much as they inspire me.

We have two national events in the next two months - the Olympic Swim Trials and The College World Series, June 14th, Opening Day Game #2, 6 pm. If you are around, be sure to say hey!! :)

I am also on a kick-behind Olympic Countdown-get-healthy-eating and exercise regimen. I'm on Day 3 - it's going well. I even turned down a dish of Oreo Cookie pudding hubby made... I'll keep you posted. My dear friend, Shell, had surgery today - gall bladder removed - I've been worried all day, but just got word that she is out and fine. Shell is making some healthy changes, and so are a lot of my Mompreneur friends. So I am in GREAT company - I'm ready to move on to the second half of my life with a new attitude - and an Olympic behind.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WOW!!!

Congratulations!!! That's spectacular...not that it's too surprising, having heard you and hubby sing (only via internet, but...).

Good luck on "shaping up" and kudos on choosing to eat healthier!!!