Thursday, April 3, 2008

College World Series!!!

Holy smokes!!! We just got a letter from the College World Series that we are singing the National Anthem OPENING DAY, 6 pm!!! This is one of the highest attended games of the season, averaging about 26,000 fans!!! Woo-HOOOOOO!!!! My hands are already sweating!!! :)

On the subject of music, I have to tell you about a great music program for kids, called "Kindermusik" . My son went through the program, and it was wonderful. When I first started checking around for music programs for kids, I couldn't find the right balance of fun and educational - either too dopey silly, or jusat too plain rigid for a 4 year old. I can't stand the music on most kids CDs - I threw away countless discs, because the music (if you can call it that) on so many CDs for children was unbearable and "dummied down." Kids aren't stupid. Music isn't complicated. So I was delighted after hearing the Kindermusik CD's, and I was hooked. Real, authentic instrumentation, fun AND educational.

The programs are all over the US, and I highly recommend them to any parent wanting to introduce their children to a solid foundation of music. The curriculum includes teaching notes, and the kids are exposed to an array of musical genres - age appropriate but without dummying down the music. I give Kindermusik 5 stars out of 5 stars!

No comments: